Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A variety of media used in an entertainment or work of art.
- ‘The exhibition features mixed media drawings and oil paintings that David drew from photographic images about the attacks.’
- ‘Fine art students displayed work in ceramics, painting, watercolours, mixed media, prints, etchings and textiles.’
- ‘Her mixed media paintings carry her wit and broad range of complex emotions, while other facets are strongly expressed in her hand-sewn dolls.’
- ‘Now they are ready to purchase an original, and what better place to start than mixed media, where the layers and materials and depth make it clear that no two pieces are alike.’
- ‘Artists work in a variety of media ranging from oils and watercolors to prints and photographs to sculpture and mixed media.’
- ‘They will showcase several art disciplines including print making, sculptural ceramics and mixed media assemblage.’
- ‘Courses for teens and adults include mixed media, oil painting, pottery, acrylics and fibre arts.’
- ‘Part of mixed media art's beauty is in the mystery of the creative process.’
- ‘Their old world meets brave new future shock sensibility seems a perfect fit for today's melting pot of mixed media entertainment offerings.’
- ‘These multiple images make interesting works of art and give artists ample opportunity to use mixed media and a variety of technique.’
- ‘The paintings consist of works by local artists in oil, acrylic, watercolour, pastel and mixed media.’
- ‘But also Western techniques like etching, lithographs and screenprints or mixed media techniques are common.’
- ‘Created using watercolours, oils, pastels, acrylics and mixed media the collection is an outstanding showcase of modern Australian art.’
- ‘There's painting, ballet, literature, ceramics, film, mixed media art, installations, music etc.’
- ‘Louise is an emerging artist who prefers to work in mixed media and collage.’
- ‘When the sculptures are dry, the girls use acrylic paint, along with a variety of mixed media such as yarn and fabric, to complete the pieces.’
- ‘She works in drawings, graphics, watercolors and mixed media.’
- ‘The Fine Art Division represents artists whose original work in oil, acrylic and mixed media is exhibited in fine-art galleries.’
- ‘She specializes in various techniques, including oil painting and mixed media.’
- ‘His works are surrealistic and whimsical, rendered in oils and mixed media.’
- another term for multimedia
- ‘New data-protection paradigms, for instance, include mixed-media solutions.’
- ‘Although it makes extensive use of virtual partitions in their libraries, it does not use it for mixed-media capability.’
- ‘Library manufacturers have different philosophies about including mixed-media capabilities in their libraries, depending on their particular technical approach.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.