One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystal formed from more than one substance.
- ‘This results in the production with high productivity of the mixed crystal with almost no amorphous solid which exhibits good separation.’
- ‘In this article, the author describes basic concepts and optical characterization of semiconductor mixed crystals, especially focuses on infrared absorption and Raman scattering measurements.’
- ‘A four-state pseudospin model for the isomorphous phase transition in mixed crystal C70 C60x is shown to be equivalent to a two-state Ising model with one state degenerate.’
- ‘Though this is an appealing approach, it should be pointed out that there might be significant difficulties in maintaining the other optical specifications such as index homogeneity in these mixed crystals.’
- ‘These results might help to investigate the interaction of tunneling systems in mixed crystals by providing a tool for the analysis of echo experiments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.