One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shop which sells groceries and other goods.‘it was not deemed in the public interest to allow mixed businesses to sell liquor’
- ‘A man wielding a knife walked into the mixed business at 7.30pm and threatened a 49-year-old male working behind the counter.’
- ‘Confectionary sells well and the shop works well as a mixed business.’
- ‘There is the most delicious Russian Bakery here, as well as what was rumoured to be a quaint 'Mixed Business' milk bar, in the truest St Kilda sense.’
- ‘With his wife's help he bought a mixed business in Burwood, a Sydney suburb.’
- ‘The entire town is shut down except for one mixed business type shop.’
- ‘Forensic officers have scoured a mixed business for evidence after a female employee was robbed at knifepoint on Monday.’
- ‘The mixed business and post office owner said the whole suburb was in danger if a fire did break out in the area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.