One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Select and combine different but complementary items, such as clothing or pieces of equipment, to form a coordinated set.‘mix and match this season's colours for a combination that says ‘winter’’as modifier ‘a mix-and-match menu’
- ‘Each of the ingredients imparted a characteristic colour to the food, so it was important to know how to mix and match.’
- ‘Each and every individual is different; you can mix and match different things.’
- ‘More and more people are opting for individual pieces of furniture that mix and match rather than the uniformity of fitted ranges.’
- ‘The split-page section allows the reader to mix and match different looks and accessories.’
- ‘You can mix and match, and the head waiter will be only too pleased to oblige with special offerings, if you ask the day before, at no extra charge.’
- ‘After that, it was a case of mix and match, to get the combination right, and alter the combination to improve the visual effects.’
- ‘Vanity cabinets come in several different styles and combinations that you can mix and match to meet your needs.’
- ‘By making a few good basic items, you are able to mix and match to achieve a different look.’
- ‘With one or two exceptions one can mix and match for a combination of the options.’
- ‘You can mix and match the modular pieces to create a variety of layouts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.