One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Select and combine different but complementary items, such as clothing or pieces of equipment, to form a coordinated set.‘mix and match this season's colours for a combination that says ‘winter’’as modifier ‘a mix-and-match menu’
- ‘More and more people are opting for individual pieces of furniture that mix and match rather than the uniformity of fitted ranges.’
- ‘You can mix and match the modular pieces to create a variety of layouts.’
- ‘By making a few good basic items, you are able to mix and match to achieve a different look.’
- ‘Each and every individual is different; you can mix and match different things.’
- ‘You can mix and match, and the head waiter will be only too pleased to oblige with special offerings, if you ask the day before, at no extra charge.’
- ‘With one or two exceptions one can mix and match for a combination of the options.’
- ‘The split-page section allows the reader to mix and match different looks and accessories.’
- ‘After that, it was a case of mix and match, to get the combination right, and alter the combination to improve the visual effects.’
- ‘Vanity cabinets come in several different styles and combinations that you can mix and match to meet your needs.’
- ‘Each of the ingredients imparted a characteristic colour to the food, so it was important to know how to mix and match.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.