One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Mithraists evidently believed that they were reborn through the consumption of bread and wine.’
- ‘The Mithraists observed weekly sabbath days and celebrated the Eucharist by eating wafers marked with a cross.’
- ‘The amusing thing is that in ancient Rome, the Mithraists would have said the same thing about Christianity.’
- ‘In this regard it is intriguing to find Justin accusing the Mithraists of imitating Christian ritual in their use of bread and water.’
- ‘Renan says with considerable justification that if Christianity had failed, the whole of Europe could have become Mithraist, as this was the most popular of the so called Pagan religions in the Roman empire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.