One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He nodded to the man behind the counter, who stopped briefly to take their order and eye them mistrustfully.’
- ‘He closed all the programs and leant away from the computer mistrustfully as though it were its fault.’
- ‘The secularists have their island and peer out mistrustfully at everyone else.’
- ‘Although the cats eyed him mistrustfully, they popped out of the cramped cages with alacrity.’
- ‘‘Though the sun is high, it feels like night,’ he muttered, glancing mistrustfully at the river.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.