One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's been going on for a couple of cycles now, and it was designed to be - is designed to be both an antidote to the misstatements that the candidates say during the debate, but also it's supposed to be an antidote to spin.’
- ‘It's true that perjury charges can in some cases amount to ‘gotchas’, prosecutions brought for minor misstatements or possible lapses of memory.’
- ‘Both men repeated misstatements made in earlier debates, and added a few new ones.’
- ‘However, because her expertise is clearly not in photography, her commentary includes some significant misstatements and unclarities that require correction.’
- ‘If these paragraphs are representative, however, the article as a whole should contain, by conservative extrapolation, approximately 94 other serious distortions and misstatements of fact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.