Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An incorrect spelling of a word.‘a list of common misspellings’
- ‘The issue about radiation, together with the multiple misspellings of Russian words, makes it look a bit bogus to us.’
- ‘Please excuse the typos and misspellings, I sometimes forget to spell-check when I'm outraged.’
- ‘The lists maintained by the county registrars are riddled with errors, including incorrect data, misspellings, numbers in fields which require names, etc.’
- ‘After I get every important word or phrase from the text on the page, I add some common misspellings of some of these same words.’
- ‘This comes in handy if you want to ensure that potentially offensive words are flagged as misspellings.’
- ‘In related news, look for misspellings of the word ‘segue’ to skyrocket.’
- ‘It apparently parses sentences, recognizes keywords - even unusual variants of words and misspellings.’
- ‘Web sites can program their search engines to respond to common misspellings.’
- ‘These include the fact that misspellings and typographical errors in previous legal documents were misleading.’
- ‘Then there are still the misspellings and unknown words.’
- ‘Is this why intentional misspellings became popular?’
- ‘Several typos and misspellings appeared in her new novel, and she's upset about them.’
- ‘One of the challenges involved picking out mistakes on a wine list, such as misspellings of obscure vineyards' names or incorrect vintage years.’
- ‘I decided today that I need to be more tolerant when reading documents with grammatical errors and misspellings.’
- ‘Interestingly, simple misspellings or grammatical ‘mistakes’ often appear in the messages.’
- ‘The biography contains several misspellings and occasional factual errors.’
- ‘Some of these mistakes may be typographical errors, resulting in misspellings, incorrect page references, etc.’
- ‘Thanks to the editor, you're spared from my weekly misspellings and grammatical errors.’
- ‘It also features a spam Misspellings Dictionary with more than 400 examples of the most common misspellings of words used by spammers to bypass filters.’
- ‘Introduced in July 1999, the software ignores misspellings, interprets incorrect phraseology or unclear terminology, accepts ambiguity and expects error.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.