One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of rich mousse-like chocolate cake.
- ‘The dessert list is predictable enough, with banana split, Mississippi mud pie and apple pie with ice cream, so we're not talking Anton Carome in the kitchen here.’
- ‘To our enormous surprise, the printed question and answer elicited scores of recipes from all over the nation not only for Mississippi mud pies but for mud cakes as well.’
- ‘Finally, buttons straining off our shirts, we shared a slightly soggy Mississippi mud pie.’
- ‘Desserts start at €5, and include Mississippi mud pie, lemon tart with vanilla icecream, banoffi roulade or Dutch apple and raisin pie.’
- ‘Many, perhaps most, of the people around you will be chopping on burgers, macaroni and cheese, fries, onion rings and pecan, apple, key lime and Mississippi mud pies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.