One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The study of the use and characteristics of missiles.
- ‘For this reason, missilery has accepted aerodynamically unstable vehicles which, in case of loss of thrust, flip over and break apart, destroying themselves in the air.’
- ‘There's a rich history of missilery in New Mexico, a state that has been witness to the ground-breaking liquid-fuel rocket flights of inventor Robert Goddard and the takeoffs of V - 2 rockets from the White Sands Missile Range that boosted American space exploration dreams into reality.’
- ‘Suggestions that modern developments in missilery make it unnecessary for us to have bases overseas might be quoted from surviving massive retaliationists, but also from The Liberal Papers.’
- ‘The branch can concentrate more objectively on a balanced career for its officers, knowing that its prime responsibilities lie in one path, that of missilery and radar electronics.’
- ‘Yet, it was one of Goddard's ‘firsts’ in the now booming significance of rocket propulsion in the fields of military missilery and the scientific exploration of space.’
- ‘The album focuses on the role of top-rank designers in creating missilery and the Baikonur's infrastructure components.’
- ‘Israel did not realize, the full scale of the accommodated missilery and should have known and been prepared to deal with it.’
- ‘I've been around missilery for a long time, and in my mind it is the most spectacular piece of missilery that has ever been done.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.