Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The study of the use and characteristics of missiles.
- ‘Yet, it was one of Goddard's ‘firsts’ in the now booming significance of rocket propulsion in the fields of military missilery and the scientific exploration of space.’
- ‘For this reason, missilery has accepted aerodynamically unstable vehicles which, in case of loss of thrust, flip over and break apart, destroying themselves in the air.’
- ‘Suggestions that modern developments in missilery make it unnecessary for us to have bases overseas might be quoted from surviving massive retaliationists, but also from The Liberal Papers.’
- ‘The branch can concentrate more objectively on a balanced career for its officers, knowing that its prime responsibilities lie in one path, that of missilery and radar electronics.’
- ‘There's a rich history of missilery in New Mexico, a state that has been witness to the ground-breaking liquid-fuel rocket flights of inventor Robert Goddard and the takeoffs of V - 2 rockets from the White Sands Missile Range that boosted American space exploration dreams into reality.’
- ‘I've been around missilery for a long time, and in my mind it is the most spectacular piece of missilery that has ever been done.’
- ‘Israel did not realize, the full scale of the accommodated missilery and should have known and been prepared to deal with it.’
- ‘The album focuses on the role of top-rank designers in creating missilery and the Baikonur's infrastructure components.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.