One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Divert or direct to the wrong place or by the wrong route.‘a misrouted parcel’
- ‘At Roseville Avenue, our train was almost misrouted to the Montclair-Boonton Line.’
- ‘There was virtually no foot traffic through our coach, and nobody was bothered during the night by boarding or detraining passengers, except for one family headed to Lynchburg who were misrouted into our coach.’
- ‘It should deal with failure in the workflow process due to unplanned obstacles in provisioning, changed states of managed elements failing components, misrouted or disconnected cables, etc.’
- ‘Fortunately they turned up a few days later in Dakar, having been misrouted by the airline, but it was a worrying moment for all concerned with only a few weeks to go before the premiere.’
- ‘If an incoming fax isn't getting jammed in the paper chute, then it's probably getting tossed out or misrouted by a colleague who doesn't realize that it's for you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.