One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is perhaps not responsible for the spelling errors and misquotations, but they are numerous.’
- ‘No, this is not an ironic misquotation of the well-known words from the prophet Isaiah about beating swords into plowshares, which are inscribed on the wall of the UN.’
- ‘I considered writing a letter to the editor at the time, but thought that being misquoted in a student newspaper probably didn't merit correction, especially since the misquotations were not that serious.’
- ‘Too often worn down by sloganeering or lost in misquotation, the truths of this statement are delicate, and seldom receive the careful consideration they demand.’
- ‘Eventually they found the misquotations far too depressing and so the new release includes full lyrics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.