One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lack of proportion.‘this misproportion has made the film long-winded and confused’‘a misproportion between wages in the coalmining industry and other sectors’
disparity, variance, unevenness, polarity, contrast, variation, disproportion, lopsidedness, lack of harmony, lack of relationView synonyms
- ‘Forceps are indicated in all labours which are difficult or impossible to complete, from misproportion between the head and pelvis.’
- ‘The plant forms are strange and various, with a contrasting range of grace and clumsiness and even misproportion.’
- ‘Mixture and misproportion have always been a vital part of satirical technique.’
- ‘He is guilty of an extraordinary misproportion in the development of his material.’
- ‘There was the usual misproportion to the extent and produce of the farm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.