One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for arsenopyrite
- ‘It can be obtained from mispickel by heating, which causes the arsenic to sublime and leaves the iron sulfide.’
- ‘In the periphery of the oxidation, copper mineralization occurs as chalcopyrite, bornite, tennantite and mispickel.’
- ‘Arsenic is occasionally found as a free element, but it is usually found in a number of minerals, the most common one being mispickel.’
- ‘A dressed product of copper works in South America, consisting of grains of native copper mixed with pyrite, chalcopyrite, mispickel, and earthy minerals.’
- ‘The best conductor among the natural sulphides appeared to be mispickel, which vies in this respect with some of the metals.’
Late 17th century: from German.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.