One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Measure or estimate incorrectly.
- ‘With a show of irrelevant precision, authorities can systematically and repeatedly mismeasure the obligations that deposit insurance is putting on the taxpayers' bill.’
- ‘It's quite funny because sometimes Ed will mismeasure a cupboard or something and Andy will have to take the rap for it.’
- ‘Fornell conceived this herculean undertaking - scores are measured quarterly - because he thought that the U.S. economy was being severely mismeasured.’
- ‘Either the quality of education in the United States is being mismeasured, or education quality is not as important for labor productivity as he makes it out to be.’
- ‘The residual collects productivity effects that are not modeled, as well as those that are mismeasured or modeled incorrectly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.