One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A DNA repair system whereby one member of a mismatched pair of bases is converted to the normally matched base.
- ‘This trend may be explained by variation in mutational tendencies or by biased mismatch repair after gene conversion events.’
- ‘These effects were examined in an otherwise wild-type background and in combination with defects in DNA mismatch repair or specialized DNA polymerases.’
- ‘In summary, we suggest that the HSM3 gene is not likely to be involved in regulating DNA mismatch repair under standard growth conditions.’
- ‘A nearest-neighbor bias around the mutated base pair suggests that mismatch repair counteracts alkylation damage.’
- ‘Six of these studies involved mismatch repair of heteroduplex plasmid DNA in mitotic wild-type strains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.