One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stream occupying a valley which is larger than would be predicted on the basis of the stream's present erosive power.
- ‘Topography in this misfit stream valley is varied.’
- ‘Some may be relict features of earlier events, for example broad valleys in alpine regions with misfit streams are common in glaciated regions.’
- ‘The tiny river flowing through the gorge today is called a misfit stream because it obviously could not have formed the valley that it flows through.’
- ‘The River des Peres is a misfit stream for the same reason that Mill Creek is.’
- ‘The path leads down towards Burbage Brook, the misfit stream that flows down the valley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.