One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stream occupying a valley which is larger than would be predicted on the basis of the stream's present erosive power.
- ‘Topography in this misfit stream valley is varied.’
- ‘The path leads down towards Burbage Brook, the misfit stream that flows down the valley.’
- ‘Some may be relict features of earlier events, for example broad valleys in alpine regions with misfit streams are common in glaciated regions.’
- ‘The tiny river flowing through the gorge today is called a misfit stream because it obviously could not have formed the valley that it flows through.’
- ‘The River des Peres is a misfit stream for the same reason that Mill Creek is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.