One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make an incorrect estimate of.‘it became clear that we'd misestimated the difficulty of the project’
- ‘As conversion could cause a misestimating of the timing data, these copies were removed from the data set for further analysis.’
- ‘Investors seem to be systematically misestimating the probability of finding a big winner.’
- ‘Confident that she could outrun the defender, she had misestimated the defender's speed.’
- ‘It would thus seem more likely that the mothers would tend to misestimate homogeneously.’
- ‘Now, I think fundamentally we just misestimated, or underestimated, what the Iraqi response was going to be.’
- ‘These authors also noted that the personality assessment misestimates the job performance of one group in comparison with the other group.’
- ‘It was argued that these experimental setups were misestimating the number of essential genes.’
- ‘More recently, a population survey carried out by the Kenyan government has shown that UNAIDS misestimated the prevalence of HIV in Kenya by a factor of two.’
- ‘Well, I think the short answer is that they misestimated the threat that they would be facing at this point.’
- ‘He's also a very tall guy so I misestimated his age ... he's only 12.’
- ‘And last of all, I misestimated the cost of waking him up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.