One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is constantly gloomy or discontented.‘don't be such a misery guts’
- ‘Photographs show him looking like an utter misery guts.’
- ‘He is an absolute misery guts with no apparent sense of humour.’
- ‘Then you realise that you've become this complete misery guts.’
- ‘No one likes a misery guts.’
- ‘I remember promising myself not to be a misery guts about my birthdays as I get older.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.