One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dial a telephone number incorrectly.‘callers sometimes misdial and think they've got through to the garage’
- ‘See, I'd misdialed the field manager's number and got a guy in Fargo.’
- ‘I'll need to ring the supply company because either they've issued the number twice or it might just be a similar number that people are misdialling.’
- ‘The 911 operator was profoundly grateful that I stayed on the line and explained that I'd misdialed, so she didn't have to send a cop to our house for nothing.’
- ‘She said she thought she was going to die and tried to call her husband, but in her panic she misdialled.’
- ‘But because of his poor sight and their panic, they misdialled.’
An act of dialling a telephone number incorrectly.‘BT said the number of misdials was lower than expected’
- ‘If it really was a misdial, they weren't really rude.’
- ‘Well, that morning after my misdial my phone rang.’
- ‘I then piped up admitting my misdial.. the mistake was established and we apologized profusely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.