One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make a mistake when dealing cards.
- ‘If a player misdeals, the deck passes to the next player, and a Refa is declared.’
- ‘If the cards are misdealt in any way, they must be shuffled, cut and dealt again.’
(in a card game) a hand dealt wrongly.
- ‘A misdeal does not change the deal, but in such cases the cards must be re-shuffled, re-cut, and re-dealt.’
- ‘Forgetting to offer the cards to be cut, or any kind of misdeal is a fault.’
- ‘Any inaccuracies during the deal will void the hand and cause a misdeal.’
- ‘The dealer shuffles and must allow the person to the right cut the cards - if the cut is not offered a misdeal can be called.’
- ‘In the event of a misdeal, the dealer loses the privilege of dealing and the deal is passed to the left.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.