One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]often as adjective misconfigured
Configure (a system or part of it) incorrectly.‘misconfigured Windows systems’
- ‘If the network is misconfigured, the problem can be corrected before the customer is affected.’
- ‘You can always make a separate FTP directory if you want, but this way lets people use HTTP to get files from your server if they're behind a misconfigured firewall that doesn't let FTP connections through.’
- ‘But they're sometimes misconfigured to accept and forward connections from the outside as well, allowing anyone on the Internet to route through the proxy with a simple browser configuration change.’
- ‘Inexperienced network administrators can easily misconfigure operating systems and firewall applications, or install them using default configurations.’
- ‘When something goes wrong and elements are misconfigured, service providers have very few reliable methods of isolating and identifying the location and source of the network breakdown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.