One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]often as adjective misconfigured
Configure (a system or part of it) incorrectly.‘misconfigured Windows systems’
- ‘Inexperienced network administrators can easily misconfigure operating systems and firewall applications, or install them using default configurations.’
- ‘If the network is misconfigured, the problem can be corrected before the customer is affected.’
- ‘But they're sometimes misconfigured to accept and forward connections from the outside as well, allowing anyone on the Internet to route through the proxy with a simple browser configuration change.’
- ‘When something goes wrong and elements are misconfigured, service providers have very few reliable methods of isolating and identifying the location and source of the network breakdown.’
- ‘You can always make a separate FTP directory if you want, but this way lets people use HTTP to get files from your server if they're behind a misconfigured firewall that doesn't let FTP connections through.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.