One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of miscalculating; an error or misjudgement.‘miscalculations were made in counting properties’‘it was a fatal miscalculation’
error of judgement, misjudgement, misreading of the situation, mistake, blunder, faux pas, overestimate, underestimateView synonyms
- ‘Nobody's always right - we all need to acknowledge mistakes, errors and miscalculations.’
- ‘Furious council leaders say the miscalculation is not their fault.’
- ‘Working conditions at the agency are very tense as unemployed people invariably wait for several hours in long queues leading to mistakes and miscalculations being made by staff.’
- ‘If he was guilty of mismanagement, miscalculation or mere mistakes then the proper place to hold him to account would be the ballot box.’
- ‘In the past year, numerous media accounts have revealed screw-ups, miscalculations and oversights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.