One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of miscalculating; an error or misjudgement.‘miscalculations were made in counting properties’‘it was a fatal miscalculation’
error of judgement, misjudgement, misreading of the situation, mistake, blunder, faux pas, overestimate, underestimateView synonyms
- ‘In the past year, numerous media accounts have revealed screw-ups, miscalculations and oversights.’
- ‘Nobody's always right - we all need to acknowledge mistakes, errors and miscalculations.’
- ‘Furious council leaders say the miscalculation is not their fault.’
- ‘Working conditions at the agency are very tense as unemployed people invariably wait for several hours in long queues leading to mistakes and miscalculations being made by staff.’
- ‘If he was guilty of mismanagement, miscalculation or mere mistakes then the proper place to hold him to account would be the ballot box.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.