One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With him, we may fear, it was a source of misanthropical bitterness, poisoning all the springs of happiness.’
- ‘In 1957, Orson Welles finished filming his last American film, a lurid and misanthropical thriller, Touch of Evil.’
- ‘What features were seen were stern and misanthropical.’
- ‘If a common man were to dare to be as moody, as contemptuous, and as misanthropical, the world would laugh at him.’
- ‘Martin, the hero, is the grandson of old Martin Chuzzlewit, a wealthy gentleman made misanthropical by the greed of his family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.