One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or showing a dislike of other people; unsociable.‘a misanthropic drunken loner’‘with his misanthropic outlook, he was an ugly character’
antisocial, unsociable, unfriendly, reclusive, uncongenial, unneighbourly, inhospitable, cynical, suspicious, distrustful, sceptical, jaundiced, narrow-mindedView synonyms
- ‘Kubrick, of course, is eternally categorised as cold, unemotional, misanthropic, somehow inhuman.’
- ‘As a result, the film contains no fresh insights and is a cold and misanthropic work.’
- ‘It is possible that you are antisocial, misanthropic, or in need of a good shrink.’
- ‘However, the aggressive and misanthropic nature of the imperialist power system, the denial of any democratic conditions, finds its most visible expression in it.’
- ‘In any event, the conclusion of Solaris has an unpleasant, misanthropic quality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.