One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The second thing that strikes you is that even the sad songs are spiked with joyful harmonies, and there's something wistful and mirthfully alive in the music that makes you forget about whatever else you thought you were going to hear.’
- ‘‘We thought you were dead’ a wise old man mirthfully wheezed.’
- ‘Austin regained his composure, and said mirthfully, ‘No, no, we're not dead.’’
- ‘At the end of the table a greybeard makes heavy overtures, mirthfully spied upon from a window above, to a half-protesting matron.’
- ‘Smearing her usual plum lipstick over her lips, Eliza's deep eyes twinkled mirthfully.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.