One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Symmetry about a plane, like that between an object and its reflection.
- ‘The fusion stalk structure shown in Fig.1 A is cylindrically symmetric around the z axis and exhibits mirror symmetry with respect to the equatorial plane.’
- ‘When hovering, fruit flies move their wings back and forth in almost perfect mirror symmetry.’
- ‘The player tries to form a pattern with the coins that shows mirror symmetry around the middle row.’
- ‘So there's a few examples of mirror symmetry and asymmetry all around us on the rotating earth and so forth, and I would delve deeper and deeper down to the atom till eventually it was a question of matter and anti-matter.’
- ‘Our model assumes mirror symmetry of two monolayers with respect to the midplane of the bilayer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.