One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A satellite of Uranus, the eleventh closest to the planet, having a complex terrain of cratered areas and tracts of grooves and ridges, discovered in 1948 (diameter 480 km).
Named after the daughter of Prospero in Shakespeare's The Tempest.
Denoting or relating to the duty of the police to inform a person taken into custody of their right to legal counsel and the right to remain silent under questioning.‘the patrolman read Lee his Miranda rights’
- ‘Thus, before a military tribunal, a known terrorist could not walk because of a legal technicality, such as the arresting officer's failure to give him a Miranda warning.’
- ‘One of the ways in which the Court has developed the flexibility of Miranda in the years that followed the decision was to provide that the ‘fruits’ of a Miranda violation would not be excluded.’
- ‘You know, that they can think about these, you know, what had happened and these people might possibly go free, because of a Miranda reading.’
- ‘Once one accepts this piece of judicial overreaching, it follows that physical evidence obtained in the absence of a Miranda warning is inadmissible.’
- ‘If the police officer possessed enough evidence to place the suspect under arrest, the suspect would be given a Miranda warning that he or she had the right to remain silent.’
1960s: from Miranda versus Arizona, the case that led to this ruling by the Supreme Court.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.