One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With great attention to detail; meticulously.‘systems of politics are examined minutely by academics’as submodifier ‘minutely detailed descriptions covering every angle’
exhaustively, painstakingly, systematically, meticulously, rigorously, scrupulously, punctiliously, in detailView synonyms
- ‘Some of these have involved minutely detailed descriptions of snare drum accents and eight-to-the-bar boogie-woogie rhythms.’
- ‘When it rains, the system applies the brakes minutely every few seconds to keep the pads dry.’
- ‘We will also set up a tracking system to minutely monitor progress on each issue.’
- ‘Like gawking through a keyhole, every situation is richly textured, minutely detailed, and jammed full with voyeuristic glee.’
- ‘But what is wrong with attempting to make something elegant or cultured or minutely precise?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.