Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
With great attention to detail; meticulously.‘systems of politics are examined minutely by academics’[as submodifier] ‘minutely detailed descriptions covering every angle’
exhaustively, painstakingly, systematically, meticulously, rigorously, scrupulously, punctiliously, in detailclosely, finely, precisely, accurately, criticallywith a fine-tooth combView synonyms
- ‘Like gawking through a keyhole, every situation is richly textured, minutely detailed, and jammed full with voyeuristic glee.’
- ‘We will also set up a tracking system to minutely monitor progress on each issue.’
- ‘But what is wrong with attempting to make something elegant or cultured or minutely precise?’
- ‘Some of these have involved minutely detailed descriptions of snare drum accents and eight-to-the-bar boogie-woogie rhythms.’
- ‘When it rains, the system applies the brakes minutely every few seconds to keep the pads dry.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.