One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With great attention to detail; meticulously.‘systems of politics are examined minutely by academics’as submodifier ‘minutely detailed descriptions covering every angle’
exhaustively, painstakingly, systematically, meticulously, rigorously, scrupulously, punctiliously, in detailView synonyms
- ‘Like gawking through a keyhole, every situation is richly textured, minutely detailed, and jammed full with voyeuristic glee.’
- ‘We will also set up a tracking system to minutely monitor progress on each issue.’
- ‘When it rains, the system applies the brakes minutely every few seconds to keep the pads dry.’
- ‘But what is wrong with attempting to make something elegant or cultured or minutely precise?’
- ‘Some of these have involved minutely detailed descriptions of snare drum accents and eight-to-the-bar boogie-woogie rhythms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.