One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of government in which the governing party of a country represents only a small proportion of the overall population.‘the end of white minority rule in South Africa’
- ‘Whatever weakens them tactically is going to lessen their chances of perpetuating minority rule.’
- ‘Both were drawn into the struggle against white minority rule.’
- ‘He lived long enough to see our country freed from the curse of minority rule.’
- ‘They don't want people to see what they are really after, which is continued minority rule.’
- ‘So we have minority rule in a parliament that is not representative of the people of this country.’
- ‘They argue that the state is structured to ensure minority rule.’
- ‘The state is based on minority rule.’
- ‘It is a system of minority rule, like apartheid.’
- ‘It is also enabling the creation of powerful minorities and making governing harder and minority rule easier than ever.’
- ‘Last week the country held its third election since white minority rule yielded to multi-racial democracy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.