One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Franciscan friar or Friar Minor.
- ‘The first Minorite church was built on the bank of Eger stream.’
- ‘Since 1990 Olimje Castle has been occupied by monks of the Minorite order, who also manage the parish.’
- ‘The convent cloister of the Minorite monastery, originating from the year about 1500, is of an oblong ground plan.’
- ‘The Minorite Church may be found under 4 Dobó Square in the downtown of Eger.’
- ‘He became a Minorite friar and in 1549 joined the monastic community at S. Maria Gloriosa dei Frari in Venice, where he studied with Willaert and became a friend of his fellow pupil Merulo.’
- ‘The most excellent places in the Monastery are undoubtedly the Summer Refectory and the Minorite Library.’
- ‘Robert of Oteringham, a Minorite, said, ‘One evening my prior did not appear at table, as relics were come from Palestine which he wished to show the brethren.’’
- ‘We had to make several trips from the Fortress to the Minorite House.’
- ‘The Minorite monastery with the Church of Corpus Christi and Annunciation of the Virgin was founded in 1350 by the Rozmberks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.