Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tranquillizer of the kind used to treat anxiety states, especially a benzodiazepine.
- ‘Tapering and discontinuing mental medicines, benzodiazapines or minor tranquilizers, sleep medicines and antidepressants can almost cut in half the rate of falling.’
- ‘The most frequently used drugs are benzodiazepines, which are minor tranquillisers that are used in sleeping medications and so forth.’
- ‘The only two classes of drugs that show any sign of modest increase - at least among 12th graders - are barbiturate sedatives and minor tranquilizers.’
- ‘Mr Collis said pharmacies were not only being targeted for methadone, but also benzodiazepines (minor tranquillisers) and cash.’
- ‘From a clinical standpoint, the most important classes of drugs that influence ventilatory control are the inhalational anesthetics, narcotics, and minor tranquilizers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.