One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tranquillizer of the kind used to treat anxiety states, especially a benzodiazepine.
- ‘Mr Collis said pharmacies were not only being targeted for methadone, but also benzodiazepines (minor tranquillisers) and cash.’
- ‘The only two classes of drugs that show any sign of modest increase - at least among 12th graders - are barbiturate sedatives and minor tranquilizers.’
- ‘The most frequently used drugs are benzodiazepines, which are minor tranquillisers that are used in sleeping medications and so forth.’
- ‘Tapering and discontinuing mental medicines, benzodiazapines or minor tranquilizers, sleep medicines and antidepressants can almost cut in half the rate of falling.’
- ‘From a clinical standpoint, the most important classes of drugs that influence ventilatory control are the inhalational anesthetics, narcotics, and minor tranquilizers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.