Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of the twelve prophets after whom the shorter prophetic books of the Bible, from Hosea to Malachi, are named.
- ‘Habakkuk, the eighth of the twelve minor prophets, is merely three chapters long but powerful in its theology.’
- ‘By dinner time I've memorized the themes and meanings of the names of all the minor prophets, as well as significant scriptures in each.’
- ‘The minor prophets were less lit up by pride, closer to hunger.’
- ‘Hadn't he come back, the sot turned from his sack, chiding them with Nehemiah, Jonah, minor prophets?’
- ‘As a child and teenager, I learned in Vacation Bible School that the Old Testament contains several books called major and minor prophets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.