One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the twelve prophets after whom the shorter prophetic books of the Bible, from Hosea to Malachi, are named.
- ‘Habakkuk, the eighth of the twelve minor prophets, is merely three chapters long but powerful in its theology.’
- ‘Hadn't he come back, the sot turned from his sack, chiding them with Nehemiah, Jonah, minor prophets?’
- ‘By dinner time I've memorized the themes and meanings of the names of all the minor prophets, as well as significant scriptures in each.’
- ‘As a child and teenager, I learned in Vacation Bible School that the Old Testament contains several books called major and minor prophets.’
- ‘The minor prophets were less lit up by pride, closer to hunger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.