Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An asteroid.Often contrasted with major planet
- ‘Between 1801 and 1808, astronomers tracked down a further three minor planets within this region of space: Pallas, Juno and Vesta, each smaller than Ceres.’
- ‘Although referred to as an asteroid, it is officially classified as a minor planet, orbiting the Sun in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.’
- ‘The next body to be discovered in the solar system was the minor planet Ceres, discovered in 1801.’
- ‘In the outer Solar System and the asteroids / minor planets tend to be redder in colour because they contain more organic material.’
- ‘She made observations of one of the minor planets and calculated its orbit.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.