Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A county whose team does not take part in the County Championship.
- ‘The minor counties side opened with two quick wickets.’
- ‘My great grandfather played for the county in its minor county days.’
- ‘Kilmovee Ladies minor team play Carnacon on Sunday, June 22nd in the minor county final.’
- ‘Good luck to our junior leaders who are playing in the minor county final with Kilmacthomas.’
- ‘Glamorgan is a minor county and why would one in South Africa, who was seen as a role model, who had the world at his feet and an icon, want to throw away an international career and go to Glamorgan.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.