One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A county whose team does not take part in the County Championship.
- ‘My great grandfather played for the county in its minor county days.’
- ‘Kilmovee Ladies minor team play Carnacon on Sunday, June 22nd in the minor county final.’
- ‘Good luck to our junior leaders who are playing in the minor county final with Kilmacthomas.’
- ‘Glamorgan is a minor county and why would one in South Africa, who was seen as a role model, who had the world at his feet and an icon, want to throw away an international career and go to Glamorgan.’
- ‘The minor counties side opened with two quick wickets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.