One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A county whose team does not take part in the County Championship.
- ‘Glamorgan is a minor county and why would one in South Africa, who was seen as a role model, who had the world at his feet and an icon, want to throw away an international career and go to Glamorgan.’
- ‘Good luck to our junior leaders who are playing in the minor county final with Kilmacthomas.’
- ‘My great grandfather played for the county in its minor county days.’
- ‘The minor counties side opened with two quick wickets.’
- ‘Kilmovee Ladies minor team play Carnacon on Sunday, June 22nd in the minor county final.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.