One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A modified form of hockey for mixed teams of primary school children.‘kids in friendship teams spend an hour playing minkey’
- ‘It is imperative that all new minkey coaches familiarize themselves with the playing rules and regulations of the game of field hockey.’
- ‘Minkey hockey games started the day's packed hockey program, followed by juniors and senior age groups.’
- ‘Is your child intending to play minkey or move on to junior hockey in 2011?’
- ‘Of great note today was the large number of primary students who were recognised at the assembly for their participation in minkey, hockey, netta, and cross-country athletics.’
- ‘The goals should be approximately four yards or four minkey stick lengths apart.’
- ‘White and Smith met each other through minkey hockey almost 20 years ago, and have played alongside each other for more than a decade.’
- ‘We are hoping to run minkey sessions at the Floreat campus.’
- ‘I started playing hockey when I was five in minkey, the Australian version of mini hockey.’
- ‘The association secretary said all teams were decked out in pink on the day, and many newcomers turned out for the minkey under-7s games.’
- ‘Where the rules of minkey do not provide for a situation that arises, the umpire shall make a decision bearing in mind the objectives and spirit of the game.’
1980s: blend of mini and hockey.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.