Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A small van.
- ‘SUVs may be the current wave, but we've seen the rise and fall of the passenger car, the minivan and the pickup truck.’
- ‘As it begins to turn down the aisle, a white Ford passenger minivan - the kind that's full of windows - starts backing out of a nearby space, putting it on a collision course.’
- ‘He's sitting in the front seat of that Mercedes minivan for the quick drive back to the Vatican.’
- ‘Yoshino is credited with leading Honda into the North American minivan and SUV markets and expanding U.S. sales.’
- ‘As someone who has moved seats in and out of every minivan on the market, the third-row split bench is a welcome relief to my back.’
- ‘The latest iteration is in an Opel Zafira minivan.’
- ‘Interestingly, there was a whole lot of time - and a whole lot of miles - spent individually pondering just what it is that one really needs in a minivan - like great seats.’
- ‘Instead in May, 1998, GM opted to build the Opel Zafira minivan, primarily for export.’
- ‘The Dodge brand was focused on trucks, Jeep on SUVs and Chrysler on passenger vehicles, including minivans.’
- ‘These three infinitely-variable conveyances come in three different styles - minivan, SUV, or combo.’
- ‘He sees this as a possibility for minivan and SUV owners as well.’
- ‘Thus, an 8-passenger minivan that gets 25 mpg must not be considered a gas-guzzler.’
- ‘Since the overhead system needs several inches of space, it fits best in a pickup, minivan, SUV or crossover vehicle.’
- ‘The short wheelbase Montana minivan, which is almost five inches longer than the Aztek, however, will hold 133 cubic feet.’
- ‘That leaves only two models - the Alero passenger car and Silhouette minivan.’
- ‘Are you looking for a sports car, or do you have children and need a sedan, minivan or SUV?’
- ‘Among mass produced vehicles, only the Honda Odyssey minivan has consistently sold with a premium-over-list price since its launch.’
- ‘Jace sat next to Eric in the passenger seat of the red minivan, looking curiously out of the tinted windows at the increasingly derelict buildings and streets of downtown.’
- ‘Honda's Odyssey minivan is the first North American market vehicle to use the Pax System.’
- ‘A minivan has enough big seats and cup holders for an entire foursome of overweight, middle-age men, and if you remove the rear seat you can stack golf bags like cordwood.’
- 1.1North American A people carrier.
- ‘The Mazda MPV minivan is one of the smallest and safest on the market.’
- ‘This sharp contrast means the Amenio is a multi-purpose people carrier that proposes a new direction in minivan philosophy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.