One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very short skirt.
- ‘At retail meccas like Guess and Express, young girls 12 to 19 are spending $37 billion a year on clothes such as belly-baring shirts and micro miniskirts.’
- ‘While there are plenty of party girls still sporting low-slung bell bottoms, the hippest in the crowd are swishing around in kicky full skirts, miniskirts and skirts with dipping hemlines.’
- ‘As women have become more liberated, their clothing has become less restrictive: from corsets and petticoats to trousers, shorts and miniskirts; from full-length burqas to jilbabs to headscarves, then to bare heads.’
- ‘Offsetting the lace were short jackets and miniskirts in soft chestnut leather, decorated with white top stitching.’
- ‘She wanted to be Tina Turner in a hot miniskirt and boots, but those styles were hard to find for a full-figured woman.’
- ‘We can still work and dress in jeans and blouses although no miniskirts.’
- ‘During seasons where miniskirts was all the rage, she countered by showing designs with hems at a more wearable length.’
- ‘The spring women's line features off-the-shoulder blouses, miniskirts and hipster trousers.’
- ‘Then there were normal T-shirts and miniskirts and shorts and jeans and tops and strapless things, and a lot of jewellery.’
- ‘She's 48 and a mum of four, but miniskirts, bikinis and corsets are still absolutely de rigueur.’
- ‘Barbie is sold wearing swimsuits and miniskirts in a society where women must wear head scarves in public.’
- ‘And with freaky long legs like mine, all skirts look like miniskirts.’
- ‘The 24-year-old put on a miniskirt and blouse and make-up and borrowed an identity card from a female friend.’
- ‘But when I left, women not only went to work - they went to work wearing miniskirts.’
- ‘Marissa, played by maybe the worst actress of all time, frolics around in her absurdly short miniskirts, hiding her drinking problem and pining over her broken family.’
- ‘He waited at the window as I slipped into the bathroom and changed quickly into a black tanktop and a matching miniskirt.’
- ‘Under Malawi's former government, women could not wear slacks, shorts, or miniskirts.’
- ‘However, they do not wear shorts, miniskirts, or strapless or sleeveless tops.’
- ‘That's a nod to the raincoat maker that transformed itself from tired to trendy by plastering its trademark plaid on everything from miniskirts to bikinis.’
- ‘Though they wear blue denim miniskirts, shirts and Stetsons, Smile has no particular Western theme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.