One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very short skirt.
- ‘Marissa, played by maybe the worst actress of all time, frolics around in her absurdly short miniskirts, hiding her drinking problem and pining over her broken family.’
- ‘Offsetting the lace were short jackets and miniskirts in soft chestnut leather, decorated with white top stitching.’
- ‘Though they wear blue denim miniskirts, shirts and Stetsons, Smile has no particular Western theme.’
- ‘Then there were normal T-shirts and miniskirts and shorts and jeans and tops and strapless things, and a lot of jewellery.’
- ‘Under Malawi's former government, women could not wear slacks, shorts, or miniskirts.’
- ‘The spring women's line features off-the-shoulder blouses, miniskirts and hipster trousers.’
- ‘Barbie is sold wearing swimsuits and miniskirts in a society where women must wear head scarves in public.’
- ‘While there are plenty of party girls still sporting low-slung bell bottoms, the hippest in the crowd are swishing around in kicky full skirts, miniskirts and skirts with dipping hemlines.’
- ‘We can still work and dress in jeans and blouses although no miniskirts.’
- ‘He waited at the window as I slipped into the bathroom and changed quickly into a black tanktop and a matching miniskirt.’
- ‘As women have become more liberated, their clothing has become less restrictive: from corsets and petticoats to trousers, shorts and miniskirts; from full-length burqas to jilbabs to headscarves, then to bare heads.’
- ‘During seasons where miniskirts was all the rage, she countered by showing designs with hems at a more wearable length.’
- ‘At retail meccas like Guess and Express, young girls 12 to 19 are spending $37 billion a year on clothes such as belly-baring shirts and micro miniskirts.’
- ‘And with freaky long legs like mine, all skirts look like miniskirts.’
- ‘She wanted to be Tina Turner in a hot miniskirt and boots, but those styles were hard to find for a full-figured woman.’
- ‘She's 48 and a mum of four, but miniskirts, bikinis and corsets are still absolutely de rigueur.’
- ‘But when I left, women not only went to work - they went to work wearing miniskirts.’
- ‘However, they do not wear shorts, miniskirts, or strapless or sleeveless tops.’
- ‘That's a nod to the raincoat maker that transformed itself from tired to trendy by plastering its trademark plaid on everything from miniskirts to bikinis.’
- ‘The 24-year-old put on a miniskirt and blouse and make-up and borrowed an identity card from a female friend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.