One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A television drama shown in a small number of episodes, often on consecutive nights.
- ‘Currently in the works is a sitcom-style miniseries in which viewers can influence the actions of characters with a click of the mouse.’
- ‘I'm looking for a copy of the PBS miniseries Mother Love, starring Diana Rigg.’
- ‘One surprising facet of this television miniseries without commercials is that, due to its anthological format and brisk pace, the breaks don't really show very badly at all.’
- ‘These days, the first episode of any new series or miniseries has to start with some sort of attention-getter, in order to lure in viewers and keep them from changing the channel after the first break.’
- ‘Today the commercial television networks have virtually abandoned the miniseries format.’
- ‘That makes the universal affection for the BBC's 1986 miniseries The Singing Detective seem that much more atypical.’
- ‘Nevertheless, for a TV miniseries, the special effects are respectable on the whole.’
- ‘The miniseries is a wonderful treat for fans - filled with lots of gee-whiz special effects, battles, drama, emotion, joy, and tears.’
- ‘Recently, she finished writing a teleplay for a miniseries called Miraculous Journey.’
- ‘The concept album is a different attempt to harmonise the traditional short segments of popular music with the long narrative line of the novel, opera, TV miniseries, or stage drama.’
- ‘The problem with so many miniseries is that television studios can't afford to hire a top-notch cast.’
- ‘But enough of these meanderings, here are some of the series, films, miniseries, specials and, yes, game shows that aspired to leave their imprimatur on the pundits.’
- ‘They pioneered the idea of the miniseries: six hours of television to cover the breadth of such novels as Sinclair Ross's As for Me and My House and Ernest Buckler's The Mountain and the Valley.’
- ‘But more than simply a stiff costume drama in space suits, the miniseries is smart in both its telling and its look.’
- ‘The SciFi Network's new Dune miniseries begins Sunday night.’
- ‘John Voight plays the late pontiff in a CBS miniseries, ‘Pope John Paul II.’’
- ‘Being a made-for-TV miniseries for Canadian television, production values are about as poor as you might expect.’
- ‘These novelas air during prime time, much like a miniseries, and typically run about six months.’
- ‘A television miniseries produced in 1997 stuck much closer to the novel; unfortunately, Warner Bros. has not released it on DVD.’
- ‘The miniseries proved so popular that more editions followed in 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.