One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The right to extract coal or other minerals from a piece of land.‘applicants for new mining rights have to go through two departments’
- ‘A prospector armed with mining rights threatens to excavate a gravel pit on a ridge across the river.’
- ‘Under the contract, the company was given mining rights for thirty years within a 250,000 acre concession.’
- ‘The argument was that the mining rights affected the value of the land.’
- ‘Like other nations, they are keen on securing the mining rights as a potential future resource.’
- ‘They control the mining rights in the area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.