One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An informal version of golf played on a small putting course, each hole of which involves negotiating an obstacle such as a small-scale tunnel, bridge, hill, etc.
- ‘I played minigolf in Feilding on Sunday, for the first time since I was a school uniform clad teen.’
- ‘‘What they are looking for is friends and here they have it,’ she said, surrounded by laughter as big and small engaged in a series of activities including water balloon fights, bocce, soccer and minigolf.’
- ‘‘There's volleyball and I think minigolf out back,’ Michelle said while munching on her cake.’
- ‘It's isolated enough that you can spend a tranquil day lolling and splashing on beaches that are largely free of yahoos, yet a South Yarmouth cottager is presented with plenty of opportunities to play 18 holes of pirate-themed minigolf.’
- ‘While the game provides players with a lot to do - puzzle solving, fighting, collecting items and even a minigolf game - all of which should keep kids busy and amused for a lengthy period of time, the game does get repetitive after a while.’
- ‘There was a kids' club where I did archery, swimming and minigolf.’
- ‘These ships feature enormous - up to 15,000-square-foot - health and fitness complexes, complete with rock-climbing wall, basketball and volleyball court, jogging track and nine- or 18-hole minigolf course.’
- ‘But for me it is the sportsmanship, sense of fair play and friendly nature in which minigolf is played that set it apart from other, more commercialised sports.’
- ‘Marcie won the minigolf, but I was the only person who got a hole-in-one, and the nice man gave me a certificate.’
- ‘So tick some boxes this summer - be they on ballot papers (little shout-out to our American friends, there) or our ‘Things to do Before You Die’ lists, or a minigolf score card.’
- ‘All of the amenities are at hand, including tennis courts, squash, minigolf, windsurfing, pedal boats, kayaks, water-skiing, parasailing, scuba diving and fitness areas.’
- ‘Unfortunately Sport New Zealand refuses to recognise more than one variant of a sport, regarding minigolf as a golf variant.’
- ‘And then you're really playing minigolf, and there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do about it.’
- ‘The cruise had a swimming pool, restaurants, gyms, a minigolf course, self-contained rooms, a spa and a sauna.’
- ‘However, this isn't your regular minigolf game, it uses creative and sometimes awkward courses that you certainly wouldn't find at your favourite miniature golf course.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.