One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small electronic typewriter and screen linked to a telephone system, enabling people with hearing or speech difficulties to send and receive messages.
- ‘Anyone who has used a minicom knows how slow, tedious and cumbersome the communication process can be.’
- ‘Three agencies made provision for minicom or textphone users (a free service primarily for the hearing handicapped).’
- ‘For deaf and hard of hearing enquiries, the helpline will offer minicom access at a local rate on 0845 070 4003.’
- ‘If you have any enquiries and use a minicom or textphone, phone Balham Library on 8871 7195 to use this service.’
- ‘One patient said that she used an acoustic coupler with the telephone, and another three used a minicom.’
- ‘Walking back into the town centre, Simon spotted that several of the public telephones had been installed with a new minicom system.’
- ‘We have a minicom for use by deaf people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.