One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small electronic typewriter and screen linked to a telephone system, enabling people with hearing or speech difficulties to send and receive messages.
- ‘Anyone who has used a minicom knows how slow, tedious and cumbersome the communication process can be.’
- ‘If you have any enquiries and use a minicom or textphone, phone Balham Library on 8871 7195 to use this service.’
- ‘We have a minicom for use by deaf people.’
- ‘For deaf and hard of hearing enquiries, the helpline will offer minicom access at a local rate on 0845 070 4003.’
- ‘One patient said that she used an acoustic coupler with the telephone, and another three used a minicom.’
- ‘Walking back into the town centre, Simon spotted that several of the public telephones had been installed with a new minicom system.’
- ‘Three agencies made provision for minicom or textphone users (a free service primarily for the hearing handicapped).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.