Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A session run by a professional sports team to train particular players, or to test potential new players, before its main preseason training.
- ‘But both participated in the team's two minicamps.’
- ‘He missed minicamps, training camp and the first quarter of the season recovering from a torn patellar tendon.’
- ‘Each year, as a courtesy to the school, the Jets invite one or two Hofstra players to the spring minicamp.’
- ‘Williams will miss two minicamps and all organized team activities in the classroom.’
- ‘His new comfort level has been evident during the team's three minicamps and offseason conditioning program.’
- ‘Kiel played with the first team during a minicamp, and he impressed the coaches with his burst and recognition.’
- ‘He did not throw in the June minicamp, so training camp is a major test for him.’
- ‘In March, private workouts of top college players could be part of the programming, and after the draft, team minicamps could be featured.’
- ‘Much of the offensive system was installed during the minicamps, so the team will spend training camp sharpening its execution.’
- ‘After playing timidly as a rookie, he was a different player in minicamps.’
- ‘Jones sat out spring minicamps, training camp, the preseason and two games, but he still was voted a Pro Bowl starter.’
- ‘Multiple offseason minicamps allow teams to weed out the majority of fringe players who demanded practice and game repetitions in the past.’
- ‘That's why we have all these coaching sessions and minicamps, to get them better.’
- ‘In minicamps, the team used a lot of single-back, two-tight end sets.’
- ‘But after two minicamps and training camp, he could be ready for big minutes.’
- ‘Mankins showed enough in minicamps and training camp to become the starter at left guard, replacing veteran Joe Andruzzi.’
- ‘During the team's minicamps, Culpepper's preparedness, accuracy and arm strength were impressive.’
- ‘It's the first thing the 49ers stress in minicamps and training camp.’
- ‘The Rams discovered an added bonus once Fletcher started participating in minicamps and training camp as a rookie.’
- ‘Teams also have periodic minicamps and voluntary regulated workouts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.