One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small invertebrate animal such as an insect or spider.
insect, flea, mite, midgeView synonyms
- ‘The week will end next Sunday with a ‘minibeast safari’ in York Cemetery from 2pm and an open day at Brunswick Nursery from 11 am, which includes rickshaw rides, badge-making and much more.’
- ‘Explore the shore searching for minibeasts of the mud and rock pools with the Bay, Beasts and Banners workshop at the Platform, Morecambe, and the beach from 9.30 am.’
- ‘An Explorer Day on May 28 will see an activity day for children and the chance to get up close and personal with minibeasts.’
- ‘One of the strengths of the CD, according to its promoters, is that it is linked to the revised Irish curriculum covering topics such as weather, materials and change, human body, minibeasts, the solar system and inventions.’
- ‘In Lansing, Michigan, the Young Entomologists' Society offers bug walk how-to's, lesson plans, bug swaps, edible ‘insects’ snacks like butterfly cookies, plus ‘Bugs on Wheels,’ a traveling minibeast zoo.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.