Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small invertebrate animal such as an insect or spider.
insect, flea, mite, midgeView synonyms
- ‘In Lansing, Michigan, the Young Entomologists' Society offers bug walk how-to's, lesson plans, bug swaps, edible ‘insects’ snacks like butterfly cookies, plus ‘Bugs on Wheels,’ a traveling minibeast zoo.’
- ‘Explore the shore searching for minibeasts of the mud and rock pools with the Bay, Beasts and Banners workshop at the Platform, Morecambe, and the beach from 9.30 am.’
- ‘An Explorer Day on May 28 will see an activity day for children and the chance to get up close and personal with minibeasts.’
- ‘One of the strengths of the CD, according to its promoters, is that it is linked to the revised Irish curriculum covering topics such as weather, materials and change, human body, minibeasts, the solar system and inventions.’
- ‘The week will end next Sunday with a ‘minibeast safari’ in York Cemetery from 2pm and an open day at Brunswick Nursery from 11 am, which includes rickshaw rides, badge-making and much more.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.