One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small traffic roundabout, indicated by road markings or a very low island.
- ‘These measures, over a half-mile stretch of road, include road humps, rumble strips, pinch points, mini-roundabouts, traffic tables and reflectors at a staggering cost of £160,000 to taxpayers.’
- ‘The centre has a small car park, which makes manoeuvres difficult for pupils, and it leads out on to the hazardous mini-roundabout on Dock Road.’
- ‘Road humps, mini-roundabouts, lane narrowing and no-parking zones will be implemented in Millhouses, Sheffield, after a big consultation exercise with residents showed backing for the plans.’
- ‘The mini-roundabout at the junction of the Newport Street and Devizes Road was replaced with lights at a cost of £142,000 as part of a bus priority scheme from the Wroughton park and ride.’
- ‘But from the results I would say it looks like the mini-roundabout and one-way traffic calming option are the preferred two but we haven't decided yet what will be introduced.’
- ‘And the system doesn't always pick up on mini-roundabouts and crossroads where you need to go straight on and so doesn't give you any directions there.’
- ‘They are already looking into plans to install Pocklington's first set of traffic lights with a pedestrian crossing at the mini-roundabout in Railway Street.’
- ‘Entry to the site will be via a new signal-controlled junction with Bradford Road and a new mini-roundabout at the end of Pond Street.’
- ‘Measures to slow down traffic include a number of humps, little islands that form slaloms, mini-roundabouts, and new traffic lights.’
- ‘The success is due to £140,000-plus measures including a 30 mph limit, two mini-roundabouts, pedestrian crossings, cycle lanes, safety zones and four speed cameras.’
- ‘It wants to introduce waiting restrictions in Sandbrook Way between the new Edinburgh Way traffic lights and the mini-roundabout on the park.’
- ‘More than £500,000 will be pumped into the Bradford Council programme which will see speed limits reduced and traffic signals and mini-roundabouts installed at notorious stretches of road and junctions.’
- ‘Some limits will be mandatory, with traffic calming measures such as road humps and mini-roundabouts or traffic islands to force down traffic speeds.’
- ‘Councillors are planning to install speed bumps and a mini-roundabout to deter rush-hour traffic from using East Bierley as a rat-run.’
- ‘People visiting the exhibition are being handed leaflets listing all the options open to the council, including chicanes, mini-roundabouts and road humps.’
- ‘A second initiative would mean the possible installation of mini-roundabouts at the junction of Maldon Road and Maltings Lane and near to Benton Hall Golf Club.’
- ‘Steven was driving quite fast and going over the mini-roundabouts down Straight Road was quite painful.’
- ‘I find that, even on the day when the detective did not notice him, the father was there along the route, albeit at a different point namely, in G - Road near the mini-roundabout.’
- ‘The Tewkesbury Residents' Association wants to see the mini-roundabout at the junction of Bredon Road, Mythe Road and High Street moved.’
- ‘I suggested to the Council that they should put a mini-roundabout at the junction of Cottingley Cliffe Road and Moor Road but it fell on deaf ears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.