One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A contraceptive pill containing a progestogen and not oestrogen.
- ‘The progestin-only pill is better than regular birth control pills if you are breast-feeding because the mini-pill will not change your milk production.’
- ‘So for the first month, you need to use another kind of contraception, such as condoms, along with the mini-pill.’
- ‘This could easily become as important as the mini-pill, with around 10% of couples using it as a method of contraception.’
- ‘Current medical understanding of what is meant by ‘miscarriage’ excludes results brought about by the pill, the mini-pill or the morning-after pill.’
- ‘The progestogen-only pill is sometimes called the mini-pill.’
- ‘It would also open the door to other claims against the mini-pill and intra-uterine devices such as the coil, which would make a similar mockery of the law outlined in the Abortion Act and of basic common sense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.