One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who engages easily with others at social functions.‘she played hostess, matchmaker and chief mingler’
outgoing person, sociable person, life and soul of the party, socializer, mixer, social butterfly, socialite, party animalView synonyms
- ‘Vincent told me that good writers are lousy minglers.’
- ‘I'm not much of a mingler, which drove Rolf crazy, since he is perhaps the greatest mingler on the planet.’
- ‘The key to innovation in a large organisation appears to be to have a small team, who are good minglers and storytellers.’
- ‘Were he younger and more of a mingler, Kroll would take to the poetry circuit.’
- ‘I had a couple of interesting conversations though I'm not much of a mingler.’
- ‘The close quarters of dayroom and dormitory living had socialized him, made him a good mingler.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.