One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Perhaps it is true that, as his admirers believe, a sublimely arcane and complex intentionality lies behind the fragmented and mingily internalized imagery of late Johns, tying all its scattered hints together.’
- ‘He had Kumble bowling in three spells even when he was getting wickets and bowling mingily but he cleverly held him back for a few overs to the tailenders.’
- ‘Very different from ‘my day’ when it was on a faint, mingily A5-sized bit of thin paper - these days it is like a credit card.’
- ‘My convention diary is unusually disjointed, since I was mingily commuting from Berkshire rather than pay £65 per night for a single room.’
- ‘I'm hoarding what must be the most expensive jar of Cheez Whiz ever eaten, and scraping it mingily across my bread to make the taste go as far as possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.