One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘The ship structure is able to meet all minewarfare roles, including surveillance, minelaying, minehunting and minesweeping.’
- ‘The main roles of the ships are: coastal surveillance, naval reserve force training, mine countermeasures for route survey, minesweeping and mine inspection operations.’
- ‘The Landsort is permanently equipped for both minehunting and minesweeping.’
- ‘After post-war service minesweeping around the Australian coast, New Guinea and the Solomons, Mildura along with her sister ships Deloraine, Echuca, Katoomba and Lithgow arrived in WA on January 16, 1948.’
- ‘At the cessation of hostilities the corvette was based at Hong Kong for minesweeping and patrol duties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.