One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fairly thick soup containing vegetables and pasta.
- ‘If the thought of minestrone with pesto dumplings gets you hot under the collar, then there's a bowl with your name on it.’
- ‘The lobster minestrone was marginally better than that, although it was served flattened out in the bowl, so the ingredients looked disparate and a little lonely, like they'd washed up from the sea.’
- ‘I can't be sure she said minestrone, since the party was on the noisy side, but the point was clear.’
- ‘The first course was a minestrone, and the second course was a vegetarian risotto.’
- ‘The minestrone is thin chicken-vegetable soup.’
- ‘He laughs at the idea of miso soup and rice becoming as ubiquitous as spaghetti and minestrone; Carluccio has a great, deep, fruity laugh.’
- ‘Use the leftover pesto for other pasta dishes, stir it into minestrone and other Italian soups, or use it in sandwiches or as a topping for pizza.’
- ‘The minestrone had a deep, meaty taste to it but the reconstituted dried vegetables gave away its origins as a packet soup.’
- ‘Homey minestrone is a hit (many entrées come with soup or a house salad, pizza among them).’
- ‘I was going to get soup, too, but they just had minestrone.’
- ‘The meal itself - on the menu this year is leek minestrone - may be somewhat modest, but that, says organizer Alison Hall, is the point.’
- ‘Before he could respond, I had grabbed the pot of minestrone and probably looked threatening enough to shut even Eric up.’
- ‘Miso, for those who have not tried it, is like an Occidental version of minestrone.’
- ‘There is also another hot station with a huge soup warmer with minestrone.’
- ‘In attempting to place in perspective the scale of the disaster that had befallen it when South Korea sent its team of inflated egos homewards to mamma and a comforting bowl of minestrone, it turned to history.’
- ‘Ann tried the chicken soup whilst I had minestrone.’
- ‘It got splashed with minestrone and so I have had to remove it.’
- ‘On the other side was a minestrone with clams, shrimps broiled in Charmoula sauce and pork medallions with lemon and herbs, plus several others!’
- ‘For a similar effect, serve a simple multicourse meal consisting of a cup of minestrone, a fish fillet with cooked greens, and a salad.’
- ‘Sometimes, if you are on the losing end of a long delivery list, your minestrone might be tepid or your sautéed bok choy soggy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.